Kitaab At-Tawheed Class 8
Our teacher began by praising Allaah Ta`Aalaa and sending sallaat and salaam on the Rasool his family companions and righteous followers to the Yawmid-Deen.
SECOND CONDITION of Laa Ilaaha Ill Allaah
CERTAINTY (Al-Yaqeen) اليقين
- It means to say this word certain of its meaning and not doubting it for a moment, for without certainty there is no eemaan. The Daleel:
FROM THE QUR’AAN
- 49/15 Only those are the believers who have believed in Allâh and His Messenger, and afterward doubt not but strive with their wealth and their lives for the Cause of Allâh. Those! They are the truthful.
- that means the ones who doubt are not believers
- This verse also proves that eemaan includes the acts of the limbs – because Allaah included the term of belief to the action of the body parts.
- 2/2-4 This is the Book (the Qur’ân), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqûn [the pious and righteous persons who fear Allâh much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allâh much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)]. (2) Who believe in the Ghaib and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and spend out of what we have provided for them [i.e. give Zakât , spend on themselves, their parents, their children, their wives, etc., and also give charity to the poor and also in Allâh’s Cause – Jihâd, etc.]. (3) And who believe in (the Qur’ân and the Sunnah) which has been sent down (revealed) to you (Muhammad Peace be upon him ) and in [the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel), etc.] which were sent down before you and they believe with certainty in the Hereafter. (Resurrection, recompense of their good and bad deeds, Paradise and Hell, etc.).(4)
Doubt is characteristic of the hypocrites and disbelievers
- 9/45 It is only those who believe not in Allâh and the Last Day and whose hearts are in doubt that ask your leave (to be exempted from Jihâd). So in their doubts they waver. (45)
- 45/32 And when it was said: “Verily! Allâh’s Promise is the truth, and there is no doubt about the coming of the Hour,” you said;”We know not what is the Hour, we do not think it but as a conjecture, and we have no firm convincing belief (therein).”
- 14/9-10 …To them came their Messengers with clear proofs, but they put their hands in their mouths (biting them from anger) and said: “Verily, we disbelieve in that with which you have been sent, and we are really in grave doubt as to that to which you invite us (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism).” (9) Their Messengers said: “What! Can there be a doubt about Allâh, the Creator of the heavens and the earth? He calls you (to Monotheism and to be obedient to Allâh) that He may forgive you of your sins and give you respite for a term appointed.” …
In the Hereafter the disbelievers will say what they should have done for their belief to be valid.
- 32/12: And if you only could see when the Mujrimûn (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, etc.) shall hang their heads before their Lord (saying): “Our Lord! We have now seen and heard, so send us back (to the world), that we will do righteous good deeds. Verily! We now believe with certainty.”
- So they will say that they will bring their belief with the CONDITION!
FROM THE AHADEETH
And there are other ahadeeth reaching to 15 of them with the same meaning.
FROM THE SCHOLARS
- Imaam Al Barbahaaree said: “The witness that no diety is worthy of worship besides Allaah is not accepted from the one saying it except with sincerity and pure certainty”
- Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah said: “The name of certainty, doubt, suspicion etc… includes the knowledge of the heart, its action, belief, disbelief…these matters are not merely knowing them.” (knowing things – the actual knowledge cannot be there without certainty)
- The heart is the place of knowledge and understanding as comes in many aayaat like 7/179
- Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah also said: “The man doesn’t become a believer outwardly until he shows the foundation of eemaan and it is the witness of laa ilaaha ill Allaah and that Muhammad Sallallaahu`alayhi wa salaam is the Messenger of Allaah neither is he a believer inwardly until he admits by his heart to it so that doubt is cleared away from him outwards and inwards with the presence of the highest deeds.”
- Ibnu Rajab said: “So whoever achieved certainty will trust in Allaah in all his matters and will be pleased with His Plan for him, will be cut off from depending on the creatures in hope and fear and that will prevent him from seeking the dunyaa by the awful means and reasons.”
- As long as he knows that what Allaah has decreed foe him is best for him he will not depend on the creatures with fear and hope thinking that as if the provision is in their hands.
- Imaam Abu Awaana said in his musnad chapter of the evidence that “affirming is of no use until he is certain by his heart.”
- Sufyaan Ath-Thawree said: “If certainty fell into the heart as it should the hearts would then flee in longing to Paradise and fearing the Hellfire.”
Speaking about yaqeen takes classes (it is a vast topic)
The yaqeen has levels – whatever is called at the least level certainty shall be of benefit for him in this shahada.