Kitaab At Tawheed 10
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
Our teacher praised Allaah ta`aalaa and sending salat and salaam on our prophet Muhammad, his family, companions and those who follow them in goodness to yawmid-deen then began :
The Fifth Condition of laa ilaaha ill Allaah is Mahabba (lOVE)
Q: What does this mean?
A: It means that we love what Laa Ilaaha Ill Allaah means and we hate all that opposes it. We love that it commands tawheed and that it prohibits shirk and we love those who believe in it and support it while hating those who oppose it and who act contrary to it by committing shirk.
The daleel for Mahabba being a condition >>>
FROM THE QUR’AAN >>>
- 2/165 And of mankind are some who take (for worship) others besides Allâh as rivals (to Allâh). They love them as they love Allâh. But those who believe, love Allâh more (than anything else). If only, those who do wrong could see, when they will see the torment, that all power belongs to Allâh and that Allâh is Severe in punishment.
- 5/54 O you who believe! Whoever from among you turns back from his religion (Islâm), Allâh will bring a people whom He will love and they will love Him; humble towards the believers, stern towards the disbelievers, fighting in the Way of Allâh, and never fear of the blame of the blamers. That is the Grace of Allâh which He bestows on whom He wills. And Allâh is All-Sufficient for His creatures’ needs, All-Knower.
- 47/9 That is because they hate that which Allâh has sent down (this Qur’ân and Islâmic laws etc.), so He has made their deeds fruitless.
- 47/28 That is because they followed that which angered Allâh, and hated that which pleased Him. So He made their deeds fruitless.
FROM THE HADEETH >>>
They are plenty and from them are the well known hadeeth:
- The Prophet صلىاللهعليهوسلم said, “None of you will believe until I am more beloved to him than his father, his children and all people.”
- Prophet said, “Whoever possesses these three attributes will experience the sweetness of belief: that Allah and His Messenger are more beloved to him than anything else; that he loves someone for the sake of Allah alone; and that he hates reverting to disbelief as much as he would hate being thrown into a fire.”
These are recorded in Al Bukhaaree and Muslim.
Who loves a person and he loves him only for the Sake of Allaah – not for a worldly benefit or some advantage – this is the true and real love: the love in the sake of Allaah- for Him and because of Him. This love is present when you have something in common with fellow Muslim – which is pleasing Allaah.
You are drawn closer to a pious one if you are pious as well. This is Love for the Sake of Allaah. It feels different than the natural love man feels which is without quality as it is same to humans and animals. Mankind is created on loving the one who does good to him – this lacks quality. The true quality is loving for the Sake of Allaah. So if Allaah is pleased then the love for His Sake will be there between two brothers and if He is displeased it will fade away. This is the true love that does not die but every other love dies – when the advantage is gone the love is gone… This love for Allaah has a taste of its own and is a love far higher than any other love. The reason is because it is the love for the greatest one of Allaah – Allaah Ta`Aalaa.
IF Allah and His Messenger are more dear to you than anything else then nothing will come before them- not even yourself. So if you are ordered to disobey Allaah, you will not because you love Allaah and His Messenger more than anything else. This falls under the meaning of 49/1 – O you who believe! Make not (a decision) in advance before Allâh and His Messenger (SAW), and fear Allâh. Verily! Allâh is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.
FROM THE SCHOLARS >>>
Ibn Taymiyyah :achieving the shahada by tawheedcallls one to not love except for Allaah and to nate hate except for Allaah and loving what Allaah Loves and hating what He hates and referring to 49/9 and 49/28 (written above) that is why Ibnu taymiyyah said about one reverting back to kufr, “… Or was a hater of His Prophet or that which he came with.”
And more statements from scholars are on the scren shot below – click it to view at 100% In shaa Allaah
Explaining the statement of Ibnu Qayyim if there is no love than no levels of eemaan and ihsaan are imagined to be present. The relationship between Love and eemaan/ihsaan is as the relationship between Sincerity and deeds. Sincerity is the foundation for all deeds to be accepted. (and Love is the foundation for eemaan /ihsaan to be present) Worshipping is based upon fear and love/hope as Allaah said about the prophets in 21/19…. Verily, they used to hasten on to do good deeds, and they used to call on Us with hope and fear, and used to humble themselves before Us.
Love causes you to hope for the reward from the one you love. They are linked together.
If someone was asked : “What is the sign that someone loves the rasool beofre another? You would say the sign which is sign of true eemaan is that he brings the obedience of the Raasool sallaahu alayhi was salaam before everything that is loved in your nature.