Sunday, June 17, 2012
All the praise is to Allaah, we praise him and seek His Help and Forgiveness. May the peace and blessings and salawaat be upon His slave and messenger Muhammad, and upon his family and companions and all who follow them exactly until the Day of Judgment.
مَالَ – يَمِيلُ مَالَ عَمرٌو إِلَى الحُرمَةِ
`Amr inclined to impermissibility
بَانَ – يَبِينُ بَانَ الأَمرُ
To become clear
The matter/issue became clear
حَانَ – يَحِينُ حَانَ الوَقتُ
To…(this is restricted to the arrival of time)
The time has come
لاَنَ – يَلِينُ لاَنَ قَلبَهُ
His heart softened
Examples of the third formation of chapter two: When laamul kalimah is originally a yaa with the condition that ‘Aynul kalimah isn’t one of hurooful Halq (throat letters). The yaa of the maadhee is changed into an alif and the dhammah is dropped off the yaa in the mudhaari` because it is heavy.
أَتَى – يَأتِي أَتَى أَمرُ اللهِ
- (16/1) The event ordained by Allaah will come.
- here the madhee is used but it is indicating a future happening. The maadhee form was used for the mudhaari` meaning as if it has already happened indicating that it will most definitely occur. This is balaghah. Allaah orders you to believe in the hereafter and this style of speech is for you to believe in these unseen matters jusst as if it has lready occured- as if it is something you have already witnessed. There are many more examples of this in Quran.
بَكَى – يَبكِي بَكَى مُحَمَّدٌ
- Muhammad wept
بَنَى – يَبنِي بَنَى مُحَمَّدٌ بَيتَهُ
- Muhammad built his house.
جَرَى – يَجرِي جَرَى المَاءُ
To run (as in running water)
- The water ran
جَزَى – يَجزِي جَزَاكَ اللهُ خَيرًا
- May Allaah reward you with good.
حَكَى – يَحكِي حَكَى خَالِدٌ قِصَّةً
- Khaalid told a story
حَمَى – يَحمِي حَمَى الرَّاعِي الغَنَمَ
- The shepherd protected the goats.
حَمَى الرَّاعِي المَاشِيَةَ
- The shepherd protected the cattle
رَقَى – يَرقِي رَقَى مُحَمَّدٌ خَالِدًا
to do ruqyah (read Qur’aan for cause of cure)
- Muhammad did ruqyah on Khaalid
رَوَى – يَروِي رَوَى البُخَارِيُّ حَدِيثًا
- Al Bukhaaree narated a hadeeth
زَنَى – يَزنِي زَنَى مَاعِزٌ فَرُجِمَ
To commit adultary
- Maa`iz (radhiyallaahu anhu) committed adultary so he was stoned.
شَفَى – يَشفِي شَفَى اللهُ مُحَمَّدًا
- Allaah cured Muhammad
شَوَى – يَشوِي شَوَيتُ اللَّحمَ
- I grilled the meat
عَصَى – يَعصِي عَصَى فِرعَونُ مُوسَى
- Fir`awn disobeyed Muusaa
مَشَى – يَمشِي مَشَيتُ إِلَى المَدرَسَةِ
- I walked to the school
مَشَيتُ إِلَى المَسجِدِ
- I walked to the masjid
نَوَى – يَنوِي نَوَيتُ الإِعتِكَافَ
- I intended (to make) i`tikaaf
هَدَى – يَهدِي هَدَاكَ اللهُ
- May Allaah guide you