بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Our teacher began with praising Allaah and sending salaat and salaam on the Messenger of Allaah, his family, companions and followers until the Last Day and began:
THE TEXT >>>
فَالْحَمْدُ للهِ مُرَبِّي الْعَالَمِينْ ثُمَّ الصَّلاَةُ وَالسَّلاَمُ لِلأَمِينْ
So (I say): All the praise is to Allah, The One bringing up the worlds (i.e. creation). Then the salaah and the salaam goes to the trustworthy (Muhammad).
- – الْعَالَمِينْ is the plural of عالم; and عالم is the world. There are many worlds which Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aalaa has created. Everything in existence is a sign pointing out to its Creator. العالم is taken from العلامة (the sign). Whatever is besides Allaah is called that because it is a sign pointing to its Creator.
- – ثُمَّ means: then. Praising the created comes after praisin the Creator.
- – الأمين means: the trustworthy; and it is the Prophet (sallAllahu alayhi wa salam).
سَيِّدِنَا مُحَمَّدٍ إِمَامِ رُسُلِنَا وَالأَنبِيَا الخِتَامِ
Our Master Muhammad, the leader of our Messenger and Prophets; the last one.
- – سَيِّدِنَاmeans: our master.
- – إِمَامِmeans: leader; leader in prayer (as he led the prophets and messengers in prayer on the night of Al-Isra), and leader in rank.
- – رُسُلِنَاmeans: our Messengers.
- – الأَنبِيَاmeans: prophets.
- – الخِتَامِmeans: the end of something; here it means the last one –meaning the last Prophet and Messenger to be sent.
أَوَّلُ وَاجِبٍ عَلَى مَنْ كُلِّفاَ تَصْحِيحُهُ إِيمَانَهُ وَيَعْرِفَا
The first obligation upon whom the command applies to is correcting his belief.
- – أَوَّلُmeans: the first.
- – وَاجِبٍmeans: obligation.
- – كُلِّفاَmeans: the one whom the command applies to; it is taken from mukallaf –which means the sane adult muslim (which is the one whom the command applies to).
- – تَصْحِيحُهُ إِيمَانَهُ Correcting his belief: As when the Prophet (sallAllahu alayhi wa salam) sent Mu’ath radhiAllahu anhu) to Yemen, he (sallAllahu alayhi wa salam) said: “you shall approach the people of the scripture; let the first thing you call them to be: singling out Allah…”; this is because Laa illaaha illah Allah is the most important –and the most important comes first. This is where the callers to Islam lack; as people started putting things the other way around; that is why they are not victorious in their da’wah; this is why we find many calling to Islam but not getting anywhere. Allah promised in His book that if we set upright our Aqeeda and worship Allah alone, then we will have succession in the land, and will be given security after fear, and will be given the authority to practice our deen (24:55); but why aren’t people given these things in many of the Muslim lands? It is because they have not fulfilled this. Allah promised these things, and Allah does not break His promise; thus if we do as we are commanded, Allah will keep his promise (and fulfill these things). And if we are still not having these things mentioned; then this means that we have not fulfilled.
الحمد لله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله
Transcribed by: Karima Muslimah